Direct U.S. Immigration FAQs: Your Direct Guide to Answers
  • Call us: +1 (888) 853-4833


Read All Frequently Asked Questions

We provide skilled staff to help you get the most out of your immigration experience. Our qualified and dependable immigration attorneys, consultants, and specialists can assist you in obtaining a favorable result in your case.

  • How can I apply for the tourist visa?

    Our team can help you determine whether you qualify for a tourist visa. If you qualify, you will need to file a visa form and request an interview at a consulate in your home country.

  • Where can I get assistance with filling out the visa forms?

    You’ve come to the right place. Direct U.S. Immigration will help you prepare your forms accurately and efficiently.

  • What if I cannot travel during the validity period of visa?

    If you cannot travel during the validity period of your visa, you will need to apply for another visa that encompasses the time you will travel. When traveling, please ensure your passport has at least 6 months validity period.

  • Who requires an Immigrant Visa?

    Immigrant visas are reserved for those who want to live in the United States permanently. Nonimmigrant visas are for individuals who seek to visit the United States on a temporary basis. In some circumstances, those who visit the United States on a temporary basis can apply for an immigrant visa at a later date.

  • What is a lawful permanent resident?

    Lawful permanent residents (LPRs), also known as “green card” holders, are non-citizens who are lawfully authorized to live permanently within the United States. They may apply for U.S. citizenship if they meet certain eligibility requirements.

  • Am I eligible to enter the United States?

    Schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys to determine whether you qualify for a U.S. visa.

  • Can my family accompany me to the United States?

    Depending on the visa you qualify for, yes, you generally can bring your immediate family within the dependent visa eligibility requirements.

Special Issues & Common Forms

  • I have made an error on the DS-260, what should I do?

    If you want to correct the mistake before your visa interview at the embassy or consulate, send an email to the NVC explaining the error and ask them to update the DS-260.

  • Why are police certificates required and how do I obtain a police certificate?

    A Police Clearance Certificate is a crucial document that verifies whether an individual has been convicted of a crime. It is required for some visa applications.

  • What if my medical report validity period expires before I travel to the United States?

    You will need to obtain a new medical report. Please note that USCIS is now requiring individuals to be vaccinated prior to obtaining the medical report, unless you qualify for an exemption.


Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news and exclusive offers. Don’t worry, we wont spam you.
Skip to content